Advice needed - Lvl 5 CIPD Certificate VS HR Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship (Level 5)

Hi, has anybody completed the CIPD accredited HR Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship (Level 5) ?

I am torn on whether to enrol in this, or just complete the Level 5 Certificate as I originally planned.

I currently work as a HR Administrator supporting 2 advisors in a company circa 300 employees.

I do a lot of shadowing, and help out with their workload with my first goal to become HR advisor.

Is the extra time and effort needed for the apprenticeship, worth it? I understand that it ensures you apply what you have learnt into real life, but I think I get that experience organically from my role.

Any advice please would be welcome.

• I don't know much about the Level 5 Apprenticeship yet other than some colleagues will be starting it in September.
    I would guess the apprenticeship would be more 'practical' work experience and a written assignment? The Certificate takes around a year (in comparison to the diploma around 18 months) and is very much assignment based. The learning mode differs so may be more theoretical for example if learning via a college/university course. However I completed mine via 'mixed mode' with a Coach/Assessor in the workplace which whilst still assignment based took into account theory via text books, journals etc as well as practically applying my HR knowledge and experience within my current role/organisation.
    Others may be able to advise more about the Apprenticeship side of things.
  • Hi Katie
    I'm Chair of the L&D/HR Trailblazer Employer Group and also work for a Training Provider delivering both the Apprenticeships and straight quals - would be happy to chat through the pros and cons of each with you if you'd like to drop me a line or give me a call. emma@crosbytraining.co.uk 07772 291521