What CIPD level am I?

Hi Everyone. 

I did my CIPD qualification in 2001, and attained the old Graduate status.  I upgraded to Chartered MCIPD in 2004 using the evidence based method that was assessed, and I was granted MCIPD.  I just wondered if anyone could tell me whether makes me qualified to level 5 or level 7?  I am really struggling to ascertain this.  I am job hunting at the moment, so I feel I really should know as people are asking for level 7 and I am unsure.  Any help with this would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance.

• As Annabel has said - you are Level 7. You can't become a Chartered member unless you are deemed to be qualified (either by exam or experience) to level 7. Chartered members are really level 7 people who have a certain amount of experience
  • In reply to Annabel:

Thanks Annabel, I really appreciate your help here!
  • In reply to Teresa:

Teresa, thank you so much for the additional information! I was really struggling to get a definitive answer, but you made it very clear! A must add to my cv me thinks!
  • Hi, just to clarify this as I think there's some misunderstanding. Level 5/7 etc refers to a formal qualification achieved through a centre and not to a membership grade. Unless you've been through a level 7 qualification (e.g. an advanced diploma) you're not qualified at that level. Someone with a level 7 qualification is entitled to apply for Chartered Member grade via our upgrading process but the two aren't the same thing. If you're being asked directly whether you're level 7 qualified then the answer would have to be no, however the fact you've achieved Chartered Member status and maintained that demonstrates you're working at at least the standard someone with a level 7 qualified individual would expect to be at (and with your experience higher than that). Hope that helps.
  • In reply to Teresa:

I would ask the same Q, which level should I start (3 OR 5). I'm working as a HR & Administrative Assistant for 3 years. I have around 6 years experience in Admin but 3 in HR (Most of it in recruitment). so should I go with level 3 or 5? please advice