Starting with Level 5 or Level 3

Hello All,

I have a bachelor degree in HR and only three months of experience in HR as a recruiter. Is it right to start with Level 5 without Level 3? because I feel Level 3 might be too basic and reputable of what I already studied in school. Is that right? 

Thank you,

• Hi

I would suggest studying at the level you are comfortable with - with a degree I see no reason why would not undertake the level 5

Regards

Jo
  • Welcome to the communities.

Certainly with a HR related degree academically you could probably start at Level 5 or level 7.....

But I would look very closely at the syllabus and understand what practical skills you will be missing out on by jumping the lower level qualifications. Its not just about adding academic badges to your CV but gaining the experience and practical knowledge that will enable you to grow and prosper in a HR career. This is particularly true if you are starting off in recruitment (especially if its an agency role)

So look past the level and look at the material and the benefit you will get. then decide - I can see arguments for either
  • In reply to Jo:

Jo,

Thank you for the respond. I just got supported by this openion, and I feel level 5 is my right level.

Thank you Jo
  • In reply to Keith:

Keith,

Thank you for the respond. Actually, you mentioned a good point. However, I am wondering if jumping to level 5 would harm me. Isn't that and missed skills from level 3 can be captured by experience? Or through online shirt courses?

Thank you Keith
  • In reply to Waleed:

Hi Waleed, it sounds like if you have already a bachelors degree in HR, perhaps some of this is also covered in other levels? It my be worth finding out, as mentioned above, what is on the syllabis? If it's similar topics then you could skip to the level 7, if you wanted to.

For me, I did an unrelated degree and then completed a level 3, which I really enjoyed doing and found very practical. After this I completed a level 7, which was more theory-based. This was interesting although I am more practically-minded so I personally preferred the level 3. Although if your main goal is to get to Level 7 you may want to see if you are already eligible for that?
  • In reply to Jody:

Jody,

Thank yo ufor the respond. So, did you jump level 5? How did you find level 7 from work load prospective?

Thank you for the respond