Internship Hunt

Hi all, I'm an HR graduate with no HR or closely related work experience and I've been trying to find an HR internship to get me started, but to no avail. do you have any suggestions as to how and where to look for internships? are most internships internally advertised and therefore require high level of social capital/network? Thanks in advance. Panos
  • Kalimera Panagioti, Internships are externally advertised too but not so many during this period, when you Google HR internships in London you can see some of them and also on Indeed - I hope you are also a member of CIPD because that's what makes all the difference, for networking purposes but also first thing the employers look on the CV It is very hard to get into HR - took me 5 years and I am in L&D now with previous teaching experience and that's how I got in at the end - some volunteering would maybe help if you have the time!
  • Hi Ariadni, thanks very much for the swift reply. Nice. I can definitely see the connection between L&D and teaching. Most of my working experience is in social care work and for this reason I'm currently looking any office job I can find as they tend to provide you with more relevant work experience to an HR environment(Not sure if that is the right decision). I'm an associate cipd member but I reckon it doesn't really matter if you don't have relevant HR experience, hehe. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into volunteer jobs.