Researching green practices among employees

Hello everyone, I am sorry that this is a bit off topic but I will appreciate everyone's suggestions.

I am currently a doctorate student at the University of the West of Scotland, London Campus. Due to my background in Environmental Sciences, I wish to explore 'green practices among employees' for my doctoral research.
I am just wondering if I could get an opportunity to volunteer in any organisation for work experience and also to be able to explore my research aim.

I was an environmental scientist (up to Masters degree level in University of Reading) before crossing to Human Resources (another Masters at Sheffield Hallam University) so I have a lot of experience on corporate social responsibility and the likes. Thanks for the help.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Oct, 2018 16:40

Hi Ayo - not 'off-topic' anymore as I've split your post off to create a new thread (and deleted the duplicate post you made on another thread).

• The BPS Division of Occupational Psychology has a working group on 'going green' that has engaged in a number of activities that include employers. They may be able to give you a pointer.
    Info about the group on the DOP website: www1.bps.org.uk/.../going-green
    LinkedIn Group: www.linkedin.com/.../
  • What kind of volunteer/work experience are you after, Ayodeji? If you can let us have a few more details about what you need, I'm sure there will be a suitable place.

As an example, I work in a school where environmental concerns are high in terms of awareness, but challenging in terms of changing practices (think constant photocopying). Your research could be very illuminating!