HR work experience

Hello,

i have started a CIPD level 3 in HR and I am trying to look for work experience to build up my CV in the field. 

If there are any relevant links or advice anyone can give me I’d greatly appreciate it.

I would love a work mentor to be able to guide me. I worked as a nanny for my years and transitioned into the TV industry Im 2019. I realised I’d like to work in HR but within a creative setting. Due to Covid I lost my job and have reached out to my last work setting asking if I could have a chat with the HR department to  see if I can get some advice or help. I have also been applying online and looked for volunteer jobs but have struggled.

if there is any help within the CIPD family on this please let me know ! 

Thanks

All the best

Norma

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

26 Apr, 2021 16:27

Hi Norma - thank you for your post. There may be someone on the Community who would be a great match for you - there are some lovely people on here :) Alternatively, if you're 18-24 and unemployed (if you have a Saturday-type job you'll still be fine to apply) then you can sign up for Steps Ahead Mentoring. Otherwise we would suggest member-to-member mentoring which is all done via our local branches. The only issue with this route is that not all branches have active mentors currently. www.cipd.co.uk/.../success-stories

• In reply to Johanna:

Hi Johanna, thank you so much for your response and advice. Unfortunately I am in the older bracket 35! (Eeek) so not young enough for that but I will definitely see if there are any mentors available via my local branch.

And yes if there are any lovely people here that could help out I’m anyway that would be great !

Thanks again!
  • Hi Norma, a CIPD member has posted today that they are looking for practice clients (for a small fee) for their coaching certificate, worth investigating, link is:
    www.cipd.co.uk/.../anyone-looking-for-a-coach
    Also, please do take a look at the Careers section on this website, there are some good resources to help you: www.cipd.co.uk/.../career-guidance
    Good luck.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

28 Apr, 2021 16:39

In reply to Norma :

Young by my standards ;) the age bracket is to do with the funding I believe, sorry to have to ask!
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

28 Apr, 2021 16:43

In reply to Norma :

Another great piece of content (and a possible contact in Natalie Ellis for some tips) will be to take a look at this free webinar recording we did fairly recently about starting out in HR www.cipd.co.uk/.../breaking-into-people-profession-11-january-2021