Advice on L&D volunteering in and around Manchester

I'm in the middle of the CIPD Level 5 L&D course (distance learning) and have set myself a target of being employed in the HR industry full time by December 2021.  

I currently work as a restaurant general manager, with training, personal development and education for staff members a large element of the role.  

While I'm doing this course I'd love to find volunteer opportunities with charities where I could use the basic L&D skills i currently have and develop these further while hopefully being of some assistance to the charity sector and the people it supports.  

I am based in greater Manchester and while I'm sure at the moment there aren't many opportunities available but if anyone has any advice about this i'd be really grateful!  

Thank you

Cat

• Hi Cat, welcome to the communities. Pity about a lack of replies to your post, I started a thread a while back with potential routes to voluntary HR work, haven't checked it recently so can't promise it's up to date but you're welcome to have a look: www.cipd.co.uk/.../58265

Also, it's worth posting this same question onto the discussion forums for Personnel Today and HR Zone as that may give you some answers. Good luck, you've set yourself an ambitious target and I sincerely hope your determination pays off. Always come back to this forum as well for any guidance or sanity checks. :-)