First step into HR

Hello, I read blogs here. Everyone says try temping or volunteer work, I worked in retail and hospitality over 12 years. During this time, I gain experience in HR systems (HIRS, CASCADE, BAMBOO), Payroll system(ADP FREEDOM). I have a Master degree, payroll and admiration certificate. Have experience in recruitment, ER case, training in short experience as an HR Generalist I am studying CIPD Level 5 diploma in HRM. I am trying to get into her by applying for an entry-level roll, but up to now, I haven't get Nu success. Please, give me advice on what I can do now
  • Hi Alex,

From what you have written I can think of a few issues, so far.

1. You have experience but is it relevant and if so how well have you demonstrated that?

2. Is your experience only short-term jobs or extra done at another job? Let say you work as a stock room manager and do HR admin activities such as recruitment. That is a great experience to have but it is not enough. However, it depends so I cannot judge blindly on the basis of my assumptions.

3. Can you share more about your experience, like a bullet point list or screenshot of your CV to review?

4. I noticed that you did a few grammar and spelling errors on your post, I will assume it is due to your typing speed. However, if you send someone a CV or an email regarding work opportunities, and do end up making grammar and spelling errors, then it is likely for them to reject your application.

Hope this was useful to get you started, let me know if you need more advise.

Kind Regards,

Bobby