Career Change SOS

Hi!

I am looking to make a career change into HR, but I would need some tips from experts.

My background is luxury hospitality and events management, and I stumbled upon HR by chance, as in my last position I found myself to cover a lot of HR duties as our HR is US-based. So I am doing recruitment and selection of my team members, a bit of ER (and I am basically the official note-taker of my company, as I asked to get more and more involved in any ER case), I created an organized induction plan for a new starter, I am also working on some Employment Engagement projects and so on.
I love HR, so I decided to self-funding my CIPD Level 3, which I just completed!
The issue is I am applying for HR positions for a while, but I don't receive much feedback.
The positions I am applying for are mostly entry-level (like HR Admin, HR Assistant, etc.), although most of them require experience (and sadly it looks like mine is not enough); I am ready for a salary cut of course, whatever really as long as I can get some experience on my CV.

I would be very grateful if anyone could offer any advice to help me with this career transition and to finally step into HR!

Many thanks,

Claudia

• Hi Claudia

Please try the search function. Unfortunately, we get many, many people asking this question. However, this means there is a lot of advice in the forums for you to find.

You have a better starting point than many as you already have experience.