Work experience - York area

Hi I am currently studying at University of York. I have been looking for some HR experience within York or nearby, so that I can gain some practical experience in this field. I have been really struggling to find one. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I could find one or suggest me something about it? regards

• Hi Tanya, have you tried reaching out to the Careers and Placements team at York Uni? I'm based in York and get emails from them periodically about potential opportunities in our business for internships, work experience, graduate jobs, etc, so they may be a good place to start if you haven't already done so? I haven't had the chance to use their services (we're a SME and haven't had a valid opportunity yet) but given the size of some of the employers in York I imagine they may have reached out to offer opportunities.
  • I have reached out to them! But it wasn't that helpful. So I don't really know how to go about it.
  • Hi Yes I did visit career and development service but I did not find it much useful. So I don't know how to go about it.