Career advice for Masters graduate

Hi,

I have been an international student, graduated in Jul 2018 with a Master;s Degree specialized in International HRM along with Level 7 Diploma from CIPD. Since I have graduated I could not find a suitable organization to work with. I have appeared in thousand's of interview's and unfortunately could not get a job. Im looking for help to find out the reasons. 

• Hi Aisha,

Welcome to the board.

What type of roles have you being applying for? Did they give you any feedback regarding why you have been unsuccessful with the roles you have applied?
  • In reply to Gina:

Hi Gina,

Thank you so much for replying. I have been looking and applying for entery level role where I can learn via practicle and apply the theoritical knowledge I have acquired during my education.
    Unfortunately, in my country we lacking various HR Practices, in which giving no feedback after interview is one of the practice.If you ask the recruiter to tell the outcome of interview either they straight say NO or get angry on candidate.
    Some say I am over qualified for the entery level role.
  • In reply to Aisha Sana:

Hi Aisha,

Hmm, without feedback that makes it hard to know how you can grow to get a HR role.

If one part of the feedback you have received is that you are over qualified then it may be that in the interview you state why you have gone for this role (i.e hands on learning and development) and not a higher level. This way the recruiters may not just give you a no but may take that chance.

Keep going, i'm sure you will find a role perfect for you.
  • In reply to Gina:

Thanks. I hope it too. The main problem is that in my country very few people are CIPD qualified thats why they consider me over qualified. However, Im not the experienced therefore I apply for entery level position and having a cipd qualification on entery level position they consider me over qualified. Confused.