Would this opportunity support me in gaining experiences in HR

Dear all:

I had recently started to begin my career in HR, I've had a bit of experience in administration/ recruitment from my last work experience, and now I'm wishing to gain more experience, particularly with recruitment where I think at the moment I'm rather good at, however I wish to take on HR as a career, it is necessary to be well-rounded. The situation at the moment is that I'm trying to find the suitable job to expand my HR related experiences, and that's never easy.

Recently, I would have an opportunity in for more business side or operational side of the  area where part of the job responsibilities  is to in charge of the training of the foreign students for their arts classes, so it's not necessarily the training for the company employees. Do you think this opportunity would support me perhaps in some way for my future development?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Paula

• HI Paula
    I firmly believe that HR should have operational experience of a business. Prior to moving into HR I was in Hospitality Management and firmly believe that this give me a good grounding when I moved into HR, I was able to look at things from a business angle as well as just HR. I think it has also helped win over some managers when they realise that I have been "on the other side" they are more willing to listen to what I have to say and take it in.
    Any opportunity that gives you a chance to learn new skills is one to take and you will face new challenges which will help prepare you career in HR. This is just my opinion and ultimately it is up to you to decide if you think this is the right move for you. Good Luck
    Tracey
  • In reply to Tracey:

Dear Tracey, thank you so much for this. Much appreciated!