Progression in HR

Hi Everyone! My first post on here, I am looking for some advice surrounding progression in HR. I currently have 2 years in HR with a degree in HR and I am struggling with all international promotions. I am looking to become an HR Advisor from HR Coordinator, I gave been trained on ER Services but the countless rejections is suggesting I am missing something. Should I apply for a different HR Senior role? Or is there some type of ideology into progressing? I am slowly getting Junior HR Advisor interviews but a lot are saying experience is too limited even though I meet all criteria. Any advice is welcome. Many Thanks, Asghar
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

28 Mar, 2022 09:58

You are most welcome, Asghar.
  • If you meet the criteria but are being rejected for a lack of experience, then that would suggest that it's not you directly, but rather that other candidates for the same role have more experience. The best answer is to keep clocking up the experience.

However, you can also look at how you have chosen to articulate the experience you've had. A common mistake in applications is to talk about how "we did [x]" or "was part of the team that did [y]". This results in looking like you didn't actually contribute. We have to harness our inner narcissist a bit in job applications and articulate our experience as "*I* did..."

"I investigated...", "I reported...", "I coached...", "I advised...", "I achieved..."

Take as much credit as possible for everything you've been involved in.