Job advice

Hi I have just completed my level 3 people profession course. I don’t have work experience. Would like to kick start my career in HR field. I would appreciate some ideas on how to get a job or an apprenticeship would be fine too. Thanks in advance.
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

2 Feb, 2023 09:49

Hi there Gaayathri definitely sign up to the CIPD student conference that's coming up this Spring events.cipd.co.uk/.../ it's free for CIPD student members.

Also try logging into our Career Hub for CIPD members: www.cipd.co.uk/.../career-hub
  • Hi Gaayathri,

A lack of direct HR experience is fine when you're applying for entry level HR roles. If you have not already, you could try to amend your CV to really highlight any transferable skills you have gained in any previous roles or experiences whilst in Education.

Personally when I transitioned into my first HR role, I was applying for HR administrator or HR Assistant roles, which require less experience. A good tip I was given was to apply through agencies where you can find temp to perm roles too.

Hope that helps.
  • Thank you.. will definitely give it a go..
  • Thank you.. will try for assistant roles..