NHS Interview

Hello Everyone,

I have successfully been shortlisted for an interview in NHS for a Senior HR Advisor position. Asides the interview, the session will also include a 15 minutes exercise/task. 

I'm a bit nervous as I have never had to do a task during an interview for a HR role and just looking to get suggestions/advice to prepare for the interview and exercise as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

• The interview will almost certainly be competency-based, so meditate on your experience and make some notes of significant workpieces from your employment and/or volunteering history and frame your answers in the STAR (Situation Task Action Result) model.

For hints, study the person specification which should list the essential criteria for the role which should be tested for at interview.

The task is likely to be something of an in-tray exercise in which you are given an email from an employee and have to explain how you would expect to handle it. Is it a grievance? Is it misconduct? Is it a performance issue? It's likely to be a complex issue, crossing multiple lines of employee relations and you'll be expected to explain how to prioritise the issues for resolution and what your expected methods of resolution would be to reach an outcome as quickly and decisively as possible.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

2 Aug, 2024 14:39

Hi Winnie,

In addition to Robey's advice, there are some further steers here:

HR Advisor role in NHS