Tips for First HR Admin Role

Hi everyone

So so proud to share that I have been offered my first role in HR - HR Administrative Assistant (focus on recruitment). 

What tips and advice would you give to someone making that first move? Is there anything I can do to prepare for starting, and what should I expect?

Thanks in advance. Hope you're having a great weekend! 

• Congratulations

I hope this is the start of a long and successful career in HR

Not a huge amount you can do before. But try and find out a little about the Company, might be worth having a quick look on LinkedIn for other team members. Read about their vision etc. Also read Glassdoor.

In terms of early days listen, ask for help and advice and dont assume you know something if theres doubt. You dont want to over ask but better in early days to be sure.

Good luck
  • Congratulations Catherine..

Much the same as Keith really... ask questions and don't assume you know something, try and stay engaged even with the less interesting tasks, listen to everything and make notes and finally try and enjoy it have have fun with you new team.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

27 Jul, 2021 09:40

Welcome to the Community, Catherine.
  • That's great news Catherine. You mentioned that you will have a focus on recruitment. I work as an internal Recruitment Coordinator in the social care sector, including the implementation of all onboarding tasks and liaising with the training team about the training needs of each new recruit. Feel free to ask me any recruitment related questions.

Have an understanding of the roles you will be recruiting for and what your recruitment targets are. Have a read through your company's policies. If you can't ask a question immediately, write it down so that you can ask it at a more convenient time.
    Enjoy your new role!
  • Great news Catherine, can I ask where it is you will be working? So what industry.