Moving to Ireland - State of the HR Jobs Market

We're taking a long term look at moving back to Ireland from England. I'm CIPD Level 3 qualified and have almost 10 years experience, almost 4 at Generalist level. We are specifically looking outside of the Dublin area, but are otherwise fairly open. 

Can anyone give any insight into what the jobs market is like for Generalist or Engagement/Employment Wellbeing style roles? I don't have masses of experience with L&D but I should be improving this in the next 12 months by creating online learning content as well as delivering some training in house and managing training budgets.  Or if there's anything I could focus on over the next 2 to 3 years that would help facilitate a move. 

Many thanks for any advice offered. 

• There are still ( although sector is maturing) employment opportunities (in general) in tech, pharma and financial shared service centres in and around the Dublin area. Some of the HR jobs supporting shared service centres offer significant (and rewarding ) challenges in terms of staff retention and engagement. If this is an area which is of potential interest to you, you might want to do some research/ look at surveys of the sector ( eg www2.deloitte.com/.../2019-global-shared-services-survey-results.pdf) and then target some companies that would be interested in a creative and innovative approach to talent retention, engagement and development.
  • In reply to Kevin Elvidge:

Thanks very much Kevin, that's very helpful. We're hoping to stay away from Dublin, but Cork and Galway are on the table and I believe there are a fair amount of pharma and tech organisations in those areas.
    We'd be moving from North East England after hailing from Donegal so I get palpitations at the thought the cost of living in Dublin!
  • In reply to Sarah:

Oh, I see - I read your message to be outside Dublin itself but within reach of it eg places like Cherrywood, where there are quite a few SSCs - good luck with your location decision!