how to be an HR

Evening all, I am currently doing my 3rd level that is MBA in HRM and I am concerned that while lokking for the jobs as an HR most of the organisation is asking for +3 years of experience in the field, as iam a fresher can anyone suggest a way how to succeed in becoming an HR manager?
  • Hi Akas

There really is no substitute for experience when it comes to getting a senior HR role. There are a few avenues you could try - looking for graduate recruitment programmes is one route and applying for lower level jobs in HR to gain that experience and work your way up is another. Failing that, you could try volunteering in HR to gain some experience.

As you'll see from a lot of the posts on these forums, getting that first job in HR is a challenging process - there are lots of highly educated candidates trying to get experience and get that first role in HR, so you need to think about how you can gain experience and stand out from the crowd.

Kind regards

Jackie
  • Hi Akas

If you are not getting invitations to interview at the moment, I wonder whether your written English is letting you down. "Lokking", "iam" and "an HR" might be typos, in which case you need to get better at checking, but muddling up singular and plural and some odd constructions ("I am currently doing my 3rd level that is MBA") could be taken as indicators of a fairly low standard of linguistic ability. That seems unlikely as you are doing an MBA and so must be producing course work that requires fluent written English. I therefore think that your written English is giving, at best, a mixed message about you and possibly putting employers off.
  • Thankyou very much for your advice