HR in a construction company

Hello All,

I work for a construction company since 2 years, although it is a 30 yrs old company, I struggle to be recogonised as the only HR  here. I have completed my CIPD level 5 in June. 

Now, with the help of my course and from the available wealth of information at CIPD,  I would like to make some difference at my work.

Can someone help me by giving the right guidance on how and where to start please?

I would like to write few lines on what I do....

Issuing offer letter, contracts, reviewing Handbooks,  doing appraisals etc but these are set standards which are used since years . I have nothing to do in these, as they are set formats where i just change personal info. I would like to do real HR stuff,getting involved in employee relations, strategic management , knowing the business needs and helping to retain and recruit suitable talent etc. But, the management does not involve me in any of these, I just do the admin work if you know what I mean..

Is there something that i can do here and make some changes? bring in new ideas?

Please advise.

Thank you.

• In reply to Nick Hayes:

Hi Nick,
    This is fantastic, yiu have been performing a lot of HR activities in 3 months. I have learnt how to identity the problem areas and approach respective team members through the responses from community members. Yours is helpful in thinking from different angle and i will try to appraoch the H&S side if the organisation to better idea of the project side.

Thank you so much for your input.
  • In reply to Nick Hayes:

Hi Nick, do you mind popping me an email.. jack_daniels0991@hotmail.co.uk. I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind as I to work in scaffolding. Thanks in advance.