Transferring from recruitment into HR

Hi all, first time posting on the forum.

I’m looking for some advice on potential career pathways and qualifications needed to transfer into a HR role.

i have a BA hons in Human Resources Management in Business which I obtained in 2008. Since graduating I’ve worked for 10 years in recruitment working my way up into managerial roles within an agency but I haven’t worked in a general HR role.

Im sending off a lot of applications but not getting a lot of interest back. Would I need to do a CIPD level 3 even though I have a degree?

thanks in advance

steven  

• Hi

It depends to a certain extent what the contents of your Degree was (rather than the title) but I dont think with a degree in HRM that a Level 3 qualification would take you very far or open many doors.

The challenge you will face is that many people in HR consider Agency recruitment to be an entirely different and somewhat alien job to that of HR. It comes up from time to time here so do a search and you will find some things - like this one but there are many others.

I think you will need  avery targeted campaign, a well focused CV and some luck!