Do you know a Chartered Fellow who's made a positive impact in the advancement of the people profession?

Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Sep, 2019 13:33

We’ve opened our process for nominating senior HR professionals as Companions of the CIPD, to help us recognise members who have made a positive impact in the furthering of our purpose of Championing Better Work and Working Lives and the advancement of the profession. Chartered Companion is the highest level of recognition in the world of HR and people development.

We'll be awarding a maximum of 10 members with Chartered Companion status each membership year.

If you think you know someone who deserves to be recognised for their work, download our nomination form and complete a supporting statement, of no more than 500 words, outlining why you think this person should be awarded CIPD Chartered Companion status. The nominee must already hold CIPD Chartered Fellow status and you need to be a CIPD member with Chartered status in order to make a nomination. Nominations open at 09.00 AM GMT on 01 October 2019 and close at 12.00 PM GMT on 25 October 2019. Please send your completed nomination forms to companion.nomination@cipd.co.uk.

Once the nominations close on 25 October, our panel will review all the nominations received and we will publish a list of successful nominees at the AGM in December.

We look forward to receiving many nominations celebrating the outstanding HR leaders in our profession and in celebrating our new Chartered Companions in December.

Any questions please post below.

Thank you

• A couple of people came to mind when I saw this being advertised, but then I realised they were not Fellows, even though they are very experienced HR professionals. It seems a shame that this is being limited to those with Fellow status, but then I can completely understand that would be the case. I hope you get some good nominations.
  • In reply to Lesley:

My guess is that this is considered the final stage up from Fellow so you would need to have attained that status first. And not "leap-frog" that status - in past there have been very few Companions awarded so its good that there is now a public process for this. But I wonder if there is any room to manoeuvre?
  • It would be interesting to understand why you need to be a chartered member to be able to nominate someone?
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

17 Sep, 2019 17:28

In reply to Jeny Parsons:

Hi Jeny

This is the first year of having an open nomination process for Chartered Companion. The CIPD is the only organisation in the world that can award Chartered status to an HR or L&D professional and we felt that, with Chartered Companion being such a prestigious accolade, the right thing to do was give nomination powers to our Chartered Members. However as this is our first year, we’ll be reviewing the process on completion to see if it needs any adjustment for next year.