Advice on what to do next?

Hi all,

I'm looking for some career advice. I currently work as a part time HR assistant. I passed my Level 3 certificate in Human Resources last year and am currently studying the Level 5 Certificate in HR Management. I'm very keen to move on to become a HR Advisor/Officer but am struggling to get any further. I have a young child so for the time being I am only prepared to work part time (school hours, if possible) which already puts me at a disadvantage when applying as local part time advisor roles seem to be hard to come by. My current organisation has already made it clear right from the get go that my role isn't one I will be able to progress with while there.

I look on recruitment sites often and I send my CV out when I do find appropriate jobs but I don't seem to be able to get to interview stage. I wonder if there's anything I'm doing wrong or is anyone able to offer me any advice? I work hard and I'm really keen to progress and learn a lot more as I no longer feel I'm learning much or being challenged in my current role.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.