Progressing from HR Admin (Mat Leave)

Hi All,

After completing my level 7 CIPD in the summer, I started a FTC as HR Admin. It's maternity cover for a HR Manager and I cover her role fully (sole HR contact on site, ER, Employee Engagement, Managing a team of 16 receptionists, L&D, inductions and on-boarding, recruitment for 200 employees, running employee forum etc).

My concern is that, my FTC is ending in July and I want to make my CV as attractive as possible - I'm not sure it'll do that at the moment.

Any suggestions on how to progress and not get stuck in a HR Admin role? (I've been HR Admin for 5 years now)

Thanks!

• Hi Leigh, welcome to the communities. Congratulations on finishing your studies! While you wait for replies from other members you may like to do a quick search for historic threads on this forum as this topic (or similar) tends to crop up quite regularly so there may already be some useful tips and hints. Also, please check out the Career Hub on this website as there are some resources available to you as a member which may assist. Link is: www.cipd.co.uk/.../cipd-hub