Careers in NORTHERN IRELAND

Morning Everyone,

I have 7 years experience in HR and I have my CIPD Level 5 in Human Resource Management. I was made redundant and have been on temporary contracts ever since which is not what I am used to.

I am a conscientious hard worker and I am keen to advance my career but don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Would anyone know of any Businesses within Belfast or the North Down area that are looking for staff? As I’ve been with recruitment agencies to advance myself but to no avail.

thank you

Christine

• HI Christine
    Have you made contact with the local NI CIPD branch? Also have you tried NI jobs.com. I get daily e mails from them advertising HR Officer and Manager roles in the Belfast area at least 2 a day so there are jobs out there. Don't just rely on the agency to look for you. Not sure which agency you are with but maybe you need to look at moving to another one?
    When you do apply for jobs through recruitment sites make sure that you have adjusted your CV to show how you meet the relative criteria etc. Good luck
    Tracey
  • In reply to Tracey:

Hi Tracey,

I have indeed contacted my local CIPD, I’m registered with nijob alerts, my CV is with every recruitment agency I can think of and I’ve contacted my local business centre for a directory of businesses to contact . So hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for a decent role.

I will take your advice about the CVs

Thank you for your input

Christine
  • In reply to Christine:

Hi Christine,

I too am looking for work in HR around the Belfast area, although unlike you I am looking for entry level positions after deciding on a career change from teaching (very few job opportunities in education also). If someone with your experience is having difficulty finding work, I'm not sure what chance I have! I have had very little return from recruitment agencies too. It's difficult to know what to do next, but I would be grateful for temporary positions just to get some experience if you happen to hear of any.

I hope you find something soon,

Frances
  • In reply to Frances:

Hi Frances

There is a job on indeed in Belfast for Mount Charles there’s a maternity cover and a permanent one. www.indeed.co.uk/.../viewjob

thank you and I wish you luck too

Christine