HR Recruitment software

Dear all:

I'm thinking to begin my career move starting from recruitment assistant - that seems like something I'm good at. Can any experienced HR let me know about any software or tracking system required in order to work efficiently so I can learn beforehand?

Thank you so much in advance

BR,

• Hi Paula,

I assume it was your earlier thread about either doing L5 or getting experience.

Recruitment assistant is definitely an option, but beware of getting stuck in recruitment rather than HR further down the line in your career. It may prove quite tricky to break into generalist HR after you've done recruitment-only roles, however if that's something you love doing, by all means it sounds like a good start.

Recruiters use a variety of different systems but generally applicant tracking systems (ATS) are quite similar in principle and what they do. I have recruitment as part of my generalist remit and currently use Hiring people (ATS that allows you to collect candidate applications from multiple job boards, sort through CVs, mark "yes", "no" and "maybe" and send interview invitations/rejection letters).
  • In reply to Maria:

Dear Maria,

Yes that was me very observant of you :)

Thank you for the advice, I will bear this in mind. At the moment I definitely wish to explore every aspect of HR, that's why I deciding to take a CIPD qualification. Still indecisive though hehe :/
  • In reply to Maria:

Dear Maria,

Do you know the costs for companies for any online recruitment portals such as indeed, reed, monster, proespect etc from the recruiters? I assume they are less expensive than the much more traditional ways ?

Thank you
  • In reply to Paula:

It varies depending on the job board, but employers often use the services of companies that provide job board bundles (e.g. 4-6 different job boards all in one posting to include Reed, Indeed, Glassdoor, Monster, LinkedIn, Fish4Jobs and many others). Those bundles tend to range from £300 to £600 per posting. Examples of such companies are Simplified recruitment and Hiring people.

It is easier to use those for the employer because it allows them to post a job to multiple job boards at once, rather than doing it individually. Besides, those type of providers tend to buy then in huge bundles which ultimately makes it cheaper as well.
  • In reply to Maria:

Thank you for your reply :)

Wow £300-£600 per posting... I certainly underestimated....