Career Change to HR

Hi

I have recently made the decision to change my career and move into HR, however I am struggling to even get interviews for entry-level roles. 

I have got over 10 years experience in administration and client facing roles and am currently studying for my CIPD 3 with ICS.

I have been applying for HR Assistant/Administrator roles directly with companies through LinkedIn and various other sites, however I am not having much luck. I have tried signing up with a few recruitment firms, but they are all saying that I need 1-2 years HR experience to even get these kind of roles!

Does anyone have any advice on recruitment firms in London that may be able to help me or of any other ways that I can get into the industry?

Thanks

Harriet

• Are you in a position to do any voluntary work maybe 1 - 2 days a week at all? Where I was previously we had 2 or 3 volunteers where they were wanting to gain experience within a HR team. They were able to support on projects etc which gave them that little boost on their CV and gave us an additional pair of hands which is always a bonus. You will probably find 3rd sector an easier route for volunteering as they are by their nature set up for volunteers.
  • In reply to Annette Gleeson:

Hi Annette,
    Yes I am in a position to do some voluntary work for a few months. I have found a couple of charities that are looking for people at the moment.
    Thanks
    Harriet
  • Hi Harriet, I wondered if the career webinars offered by the CIPD may help with your quest, link: www.cipd.co.uk/.../management-workshop-webinars