Looking to get back to work as HR generalist with no success

Dear Team,

I've worked in L&Delhi and HR for 19 years. I took a break in 2015 due reorganisation, and decided to do stuff on my bucket list. So travelled and trekked the himalayan region.

I'm struggling getting a job interview as either I have no relevant sector experience, or SME's say I worked for a large organisation and won't fit into a smaller organisations. The consultants I've registered with don't call or give feedback.  

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi Valerie, welcome to the communities. While you wait for replies from other forum users you may like to do a quick search for historic threads as this topic comes up quite often, plus a look at the Career section on this website may provide some useful pointers, link is: www.cipd.co.uk/.../career-support
    It may also be worth posting the same question on the discussion forums for Personnel Today and HR Zone to see what other HR colleagues may be able to offer as suggestions or guidance. Good luck.
  • In reply to Clare Marie:

I am finding similar issues. I'm currently working as a Pension Administrator, but looking to find a generalist HR role.

I'm finding that the lack of HR experience is a issue for most companies, and I am finding it very hard to get interviews. The best thing to do is keep persisting and applying for the relevant jobs. Hopefully with a chance, your previous skills, capabilities and experience will shine through!