Career entry/advice

Hi Everyone!

This is my first community post, of which I hope to become a actively contributing member where possible,

I'm a couple months off graduating my undergraduate degree for Business and Human Resources, and I know HR is what I want to do professionally, HR Development in particular.

I have already enrolled in a CIPD level 7 post graduate Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Development, as a masters alternative, which i will be taking on weekends as soon as I get my results, with hopefully a graduate jobs on the weekdays.

With no substantial HR experience, can anyone give me a little insight, as to prepare me for what comes next as I plan to enter the labour market in this field, in regards to; will getting my level 7 be at all helpful at this point? or is it only a relevant qualification to those with experience trying to get a promotion (which is what all my online searches are suggesting)?

What i'm asking really, is if you were hiring for a role wiith HRD/L&D/etc, and a graduate with a CIPD PG level7 applied to one of your positions,  would you take them seriously as a hire? i only ask, as most positions I've found online either need x number of years experience in y and z, which are difficult to obtain.

Thanks all!

Kerrie Powell

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

5 Mar, 2018 07:39

You're very welcome here, Kerrie.
  • Hey there, I'm having the same dilemma but I have 4 months of experience in the HR field with bachelors of Human resources management may I know what have you decided to do and can someone be kind enough to answer her inquiry?
    Thank you and God bless.
  • In reply to Maan:

Hi!

Still waiting on someone's professional opinion, however, reading similar (but not completely applicable) threads, I am happy with my decision to get my level 7, and I am hunting for a workplace which will allow me to get adequate experience before I start my course, to be taken seriously later.

In all interviews so far, when I have expressed my plans (and actions) to obtain a CIPD qualification of my own volition, it appears to be met with positive reactions (if not a little sceptical, due to the need for workplace experience), but I have received a number of second interviews (just waiting to hear the verdicts).

While I would still appreciate responses, I think my choice to take it immediately is unconventional, but shows determination to employers.