Updating my HR experience

Hi all,

I currently work for a large University delivering Business/HR related modules, a job I moved in to on starting a family. Over the years I have grown my role in to a full time position and am now involved in many aspects of University life. I really enjoy what I do, however, my longer term plan would be to move back to a HR related role. Having worked for the University for over 10 years I am also concerned about getting pigeon holed.

Prior to this I have worked as a Recruiter, HR Adviser, HR and Training Manager and Head of HR. My last role was as an HR Project Manager for EMEA. Whilst I do not want to leave my current position, I could reduce my hours, for the right opportunity. I do however, really want to update my HR experience. In an ideal world, I would like to pick up some ad hoc HR work/ a few hours a week, ( which I can do as well as my existing role), which would actively enhance my teaching.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how best I might go about this, I have looked at Freelance work etc online, but have not found anything that fits my needs. As I mentioned previously, this is about stepping back in to the HR world, and updating my skills and experience and not driven by money. I looked at volunteering too, but often much more commitment to a role than what I am able to offer is required.

I would really welcome and help or advice.

Thanks in advance

Anna