Getting Back To HR Profession

I am a Banker for over a decade with the last for years then, doubling as Head of Branch and HR Partner For a Zone in My Bank. I came to the UK from Ghana for My Second Masters Degree in Human Resource Management and currently waiting for my upgrade to Associate Membership so I can proceed with my Assessment to Chatered Membership. My First Masters Degree was also in Strategic Management and Leadership. Whiles in University in the UK for my Second Masters I was working as a Support Worker on part time basis and currently done with school. Because all my work experience in the Finance and HR Sectors were in Ghana am struggling to get into the HR Sector in the UK. Could someone advise on what to do?
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

16 Jan, 2023 10:01

Hi Charles, this free CIPD webinar/workshop sounds like it may be relevant to you at the moment  'Job search road map half day workshop - aimed at CIPD student members or CIPD members who are yet to secure their first role in the people profession. The workshop, delivered by LHH, will take place virtually and is completely free for members.'

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

16 Jan, 2023 10:04

In reply to Johanna:

I would also recommend trying to play an active role in CIPD branch activity which is a great way to network with other people professionals. Info on Branch events is here: www.cipd.co.uk/.../find