** Caption competition - #2 **

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

16 Dec, 2019 09:42

Well, we've had a fabulous response to our first caption, which I posted last week. Here's your second 'cartoon' to caption. 

Keep your captions coming - for both.

The two winning captions will each win £50-worth vouchers.

A reminder of the format...

You are invited to post your witty caption suggestions below. Extra points if you can wangle in an “HR” slant to your caption! Funny is good, too - although be warned, the judges (CIPD staff) are tough nuts to crack. This should be the perfect activity for those of you who have a commute to and from work, and frankly, with all that's going on in the world... I need my chuckle muscle exercised, too.

The obvious guidelines on rude words and gratuitous product placement apply. Thank you.

This thread (and last week's) will remain open to entries until midnight on 31st December - and the winner will be announced when we all return after the New Year break.

Here goes...

* Tip: we’re looking for *captions* - which tend to be better when short-ish in length.

The legal bit: Competition Terms & Conditions

Thank you again to Simon Heath for the illustration!

• Against a backdrop of a challenging year in retail and increased competition from Amazon, Santa unveiled this year's pay deal and bonus awards.
  • Santa was not quite sure where to start the TUPE consultation about the coming year's need to re-staff the other 'Elf Service.....
  • Leadership development day 1: elf-confidence
  • The must have gift this year is..... The permanent marker with invisible ink.
  • With Christmas over, being asked to fill his time advising on another impossible delivery task over the next twelve months was an unexpected challenge to Santa's team....
  • I'm all in favour of blue sky thinking when planning for Christmas, but as you can see it's snowing at the moment.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

2 Jan, 2020 08:20

This competition is now closed. Thank you so much for all your entries. The winner for each caption will be chosen from all entries received by the closing date, and published by Friday 10 January 2020.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

10 Jan, 2020 10:56

OK... the results are in. I put this to the vote among CIPD staff (64 votes) and the clear winner was Aidan for this caption...

Santa opens up the new personal development course - “Being Our Best (s)Elves At Work”.

Congratulations Aidan, who will have a £50 voucher on its way to him soon. Thank you to everyone for taking part in the fun.

Happy New Year!