HR Dashboards

What are your top 5 HR / People related measures which you regularly report on? 

And, through what benefits does this provide in your organisation.

• FTE and attrition. Neither seem to make any difference to the HR strategy. Our organisation is led by the sales side. We are expected to support them. It is difficult to feel positive, when the function is relegated to support only.
  • Hi Michelle, reporting data in a dashboard is a good start but meaningless. The key thing is to add insight into the context for a piece of data to explain the impact upon the business. Reporting attrition for example is great but how much is it costing your organisation and why are people leaving? Those are the real things to report
  • Hi Michelle
    Absence (Cumulative & Actual versus Target), Employee Attrition, Headcount vs Budget, % of performance reviews completed, Reward & Recognition awards per department however I would keen to know what you report on to compare as this is an area I want to improve on.
    Kyla
  • I've only ever provided formal HR dashboards when there have been particular issues to address :

• In the start-up of Eurotunnel (from 50 to 3,000 people in 2-3 years) recruitment progress against planned job start-dates was critical, as was the formal certification of drivers and other safety critical rôles
    • Later in the same company a few departments started to have absenteeism problems so montlhy, quarterly (rolling) and annual (rolling) short-term absenteeism was made public for all departments (name and shame), and department managers with problems were given performance targets to improve the absenteeism rate.The reporting stopped when absenteeism was at acceptable levels for 9 months  
    • Apparently excessive private travel using the Channel staff facility was also monitoedr to prevent any abuse of the then duty-free laws - abuse could have suspended the company's right to run duty-free shops (£200m turnover...

Production of information for PR pamphlets and annual reports has always been an automated and necessary process from the HRIS.

My motto? "if you can't see the need, don't report" - on several occasions I've stopped historic reporting processes and have rarely received justifiable criticisms ;-)

• In reply to Ray:

That's an interesting way to look at it and this is actually how I work in practice but was feeling like I need more depth. Thanks Ray