Converting a Masters Degree in HR into a CIPD certicate

Dear All,

I hold a Masters degree in International HR from the London South Bank University and I was wondering whether it would be possible to convert my title into a recognised CIPD certificate?

Thank you in advance for your hints.

Gianluca

• Hi Gianluca

Your university may be able to advise you on this. Usually, if a master's results in the opportunity to satisfy the requirements for a second qualification the university will know and will inform potential applicants as an additional inducement to choose their course over someone else's.

If the university is unclear on this, get hold of a copy of the syllabus and ask the CIPD.

If your master's does not allow you to gain immediate accreditation of a recognised CIPD qualification, it might still mean you are exempted from a significant part of the CIPD syllabus. I did an MBA before starting on the CIPD qualification and was given exemption from the management module and the management project.

• Most of the international HR degrees are not accredited with CIPD, but certainly worth asking your university department to check. Alternatively, you could get CIPD accreditation view the experienced route if you have the work experience to support your qualifications?

Or don't worry about it and apply for jobs anyway - a masters degree in international HR whether it is accredited with CIPD or not is still a level 7 qualification in the subject and especially if you're applying for work in a global company, I doubt it would preclude you.