IR35 where to seek expert advice

Despite our work last year on IR35 where most of our contractors fell outside of IR35, after reviewing them on CEST tool today we're now getting an 'unable to determine ' result in most cases. I understand the tool is continually updated as case law determines the responses but this has thrown us. I feel unable to advise the Company without an expert assistance at this point. Has anyone used an external service from the 'hirer's' perspective and was it worth the fee?
  • Hi Lynne

Any decent solicitor with experience in employment law should be able to help you with this. Rates can vary considerably according to level of seniority and geographical base. Do you have a relationship with a firm of solicitors?
  • In reply to Elizabeth Divver:

I thought I had responded to this last night and would concur with Elizabeth
    At the end of the day it is about risk Good solicitors (or other professional adviser may help to mitigate the risk or tell you to stop trying and put them on the payrooll.
    The online tool is just a tool and in many people's opinion fundamentally flawed as it is like a loaded slot machine designed to pay the House (HMRC)