Long and short term sickness tracker

Hi everyone I am trying to track long term and short term sickness at work and need to use Excel, however, I am struggling with how to set it up I want to use the Bradford Factor as a trigger point. I’m just wondering if anyone can help me or even better send me a blank spreadsheet so that I’m able to put data into it.
  • Hi Karren,

I'm not sure what the rules are for posting external URLs here, but a quick google search for "Absence tracker template bradford factor" has just given me a bunch of examples.

Depending on what HRIS you are using, there may be something embedded into the software for this purpose too.
  • Hi Karen. I have just worked something very similar in excel because our current payroll system cannot calculate the sickness. There are some snazzy calculations you can do in excel to highlight short term/long term absence using IF functions, and if you know how to use a pivot table you can organise your data by number of absences and total days and then easily use the formula of cell^2*total days

Our absence tracking is over a 12 month period however I am not sure how to record absences that are still open. For example, do I include an absence that is still open for someone who has been off sick since November 2021 when I am looking at absence from February 2021 to January 2022. The time has been lost but I will have to manually calculate the number of days lost to each month. My other option is to only include completed absence in the data and leave out open records. What are peoples thoughts on this?