Non-Resident Employee Advisor

Hi all

We have a number of employees who have moved overseas during the pandemic and there they will remain.  We also have a number of roles that we are currently recruiting for that could see us employing more that reside overseas.

This presents a myriad of issues for around employment law (UK and local), immigration/emigration, regulations, requirements, taxation and accounting issues.  To support the company with ensuring we understand our obligations both in the UK and the local places of residence, we wish to engage an advisor.

I have searched and searched and have not been able to locate any such advisor.  Would anyone have experience of this and/or be able to recommend someone?

Thanks in advance.

Anna

• Hi Anna,

Are you fixed on finding an in-house person? I think this would be a really tough search - the breadth of knowledge that they would have to have would be huge if you were looking at even a number of countries. 

I've used BDO in the past for similar assignments - depending on the regularity of these issues, it might be easier to do it on a case by case basis.

• In reply to Alys Martin:

Thanks Alys, we are looking for an external advisor to support the business, since it's such a minefield with myriad of potential pitfalls and obstacles - would be ideal to find an advisor who can cover off the breadth of knowledge required to cover everything off.  Were BDO able to support on all fronts including legal and immigration matters?

• In reply to Anna:

I *think* so - it was a long time ago! Their website says 'international advisory services' so quite possibly, yes. 

• In reply to Alys Martin:

Amazing, thank you, really appreciate the direction