Salary sacrifice - car schemes

Hi all

We are looking at introducing a salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme at our company and I was wondering if anybody had any experience in relation to this, the pros/cons.  Anything that I should look out for or any issues other members have found.

Many thanks

Sharon

• Hi Sharon,

Did you end up implementing the scheme, if so, how have you found it and did you use a particular company to help introduce the scheme?
    It's something I'm looking into at the moment.

Thanks
    Stacey
  • In reply to Stacey:

Hi Stacey, we did implement the scheme but there was limited take up. We partnered with Tusker who did a lot of the set up and then we added the scheme details to our overall benefits platform. Tusker also provided the collateral for staff to access and we incorporated a calculator so staff could work out the costs etc. The only thing I would be cautious of is the delay on build on electric vehicles once an order is put. Some cases have been quite long. Hope that helps.
  • In reply to Sharon Long:

Thanks Sharon, that's a great help. Thank you for coming back to me.

Have a good weekend
    Stacey

We use Tusker too, have done for a few years now. Great service and very pro-electric cars.
  • In reply to Jason Fox:

Thanks Jason!

My brother has been caught by this

He is in a senior role at a large audit firm - they use Zenith for staff to get lease cars with their salary sacrifice from and as the 3 yr lease was coming due on his Outlander he looked at and Ordered a Tesla S.

That has just been finally cancelled due to the recent Tesla announcements - BUT is has dragged on so long he has actually had the Outlander almost 5 years and has in fact now bought it outright from them. However he has pointed out, he could have had the same car on a 5 yr lease at a far lower rate which would have left him at the same endpoint now for far lower cost and is seeking some form of recompense.

I would def be very wary of recommending any particular firm in case in comes back to bite and also the exact terms of your company car policy - his is that he is meant to have a car under 3 years old if taking the car allowance, it is only as he is senior and it was obviously not his fault that he has got away with a 5 year old car. A lesser experienced / less loyal staff member might have been throwing toys out of the pram in every direction