Investigation completed - no formal action

Hi

Completed an investigation and followed the ACAS guidance, and the recommendation is no formal action.  Does the employee who was under the investigation receive a copy of the report and supporting documents or do they only receive the outcome?

Normally if proceeding to formal action, the report and supporting documents are included in the invite to a disciplinary meeting so just wondering if this is the same for no formal action with letter advising the outcome

Many thanks

Veronica

• Hi Veronica, I would normally just write a letter to summarise the relevant investigation findings and recommendations/action plan.  It's good to have something on record to show what the outcome was, even if informal.

• In reply to Helen:

Thanks Helen, I have prepared a letter of notification and was just doubting myself and overthinking the various documents relating to the investigation.  Appreciate your feedback

• I entirely agree with Helen. As a rule, I wouldn't provide the investigation report if the decision is anything less than a formal hearing (so NFA or an informal warning). But one must still bear in mind that the employee could request a copy through an SAR.