International Employee Referral Policy

We have a employee referral policy for the UK team and wish to adopt a similar policy for the team in India.  We have a fixed amount that staff would receive based on the level of employee they introduce to the company.  For example - introducing a senior manager, they would receive a higher amount of money.  Can anyone recommend how we could carry out a cost of living equivalent in India?

Thanks

Kat 

• At one level, you have this already, I assume you have some broadly equivalent roles. You pay a general manager in the UKX and in India Y. You could use these to do a calculation on what to pay.

Personally, however, I would simply ask the Indian management team to make some recommendations on what they think would motivate people to recommend colleagues. If necessary, I would start a six-month trial, and pitch the benefit slightly low so I could move it upwards if needed.

I don’t think there is any science or real method behind these payments. They are just pitched where people think they will work.
  • I'd do what Keith suggests.

Start by asking your Indian manager/s.