And it's Goodbye from me.

As some of you may notice in the "Locked Out" topic, I am not renewing my membership later this week, so it will be "Goodbye". I have never been the most prolific of posters, but hope that when I have done, my tuppence-worth has been useful. Pensions kicked in a couple of years ago and although I pay the reduced subscription, I feel it's a resource I don't need in my life any more.

It is a great resource provided by the CIPD (and its members) and even when those who respond give differing advice, there is usually good reason for that (initial info vague enough to get opposing views), but the original poster will have a rounded view of how to tackle their problem.

Long may those volunteering their advice continue to do so. The generations coming after us can rely on the many years of experience on here.

• Fair seas and a following wind, Eric.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

28 Jun, 2022 05:53

Thank you for being part of the CIPD Community family, Eric. Wishing you a very happy and healthy retirement.
  • Echo Mr Eliot’s immortal words, Eric:

Not fare well,
    But fare forward, voyagers

All best wishes!
  • Thank you for your input Eric, and i wish you a very long and happy retirement
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

28 Jun, 2022 14:01

Thanks for taking the time to say farewell Eric, it's natural that people come and go depending on their life stages and situations but it's good to hear why you're hanging up your community hat from you personally!

I really appreciate knowing that you've found value in the Community over the years and we've certainly enjoyed you being part of it. Wishing you a very happy retirement - free from HR problems hopefully ;)
  • Eric, All the best in your retlrement.

I, for the same reasons you have given, will not be renewing my membership this week and would also like to thank all of those in the community for their invaluable assistance over the years and for 'just being there' so I always knew there would be help if needed.

As well as wishing Eric well for his retirement I wish all in this community the very best for the future whatever or wherever that may be.
    Sue xx
  • In reply to Susan May:

Best wishes to you too, Sue. There is life beyond... I have been part-time for a few years now and don't really know how I fitted full time in before.Wink
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

28 Jun, 2022 16:55

In reply to Susan May:

Sue - we'll miss you! Thanks for all your contributions to the Community both as a helper/responder and a seeker of guidance and advice. We wish you a very happy next chapter!
  • In reply to Susan May:

Sorry to see you depart, Susan

All very best to you too!
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

28 Jun, 2022 17:21

In reply to Susan May:

Ooh, Sue… we will miss you. You’re one of our most active readers!
  • In reply to Susan May:

Good luck in your retirement Susan. Best wishes.
  • Thank you all for your kind words. In the event anyone wants to contact me, my profiles are still active on LinkedIn and facebook, though I have removed myself from all CIPD groups.
  • In reply to Eric Brown:

Goodbye to you both, Eric and Sue. I'll miss your contributions.
  • There is lot more to do I believe. May be writing a book on the experience for next generations or sharing the knowledge through the community is also life long learning