Does CIPD no longer give access to Perkbox to members?

Hi 

I have been advised that this platform is no longer accessible to CIPD members - please can you advise?

Thanks

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

5 Oct, 2021 16:12

Hi Cass - my colleagues have let me know that they'll be in touch (and with all members) later this week via email about your full range of membership benefits... and this will include an update on Perkbox.

• Ok Steve, thanks
  • Such a shame about Perkbox and only giving us less than a months notice that Perkbox is no longer a benefit - I wonder what will be offered as a replacement??
  • I agree such a shame to see perkbox go, especially with such short notice! - it was a great way to save a little.
  • One of the few benefits I actually use (used)
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

7 Oct, 2021 14:39

In reply to Susan:

Hi Susan,

Unfortunately, due to Perkbox T&Cs, Student and Affiliate members could not access Perkbox and of course the benefit was irrelevant to international members. That left a small percentage of members who used Perkbox on a regular basis and all members are equally as important to us.

Many members who regularly use this Community tell me this is one of their most valued member benefits.
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

It is indeed very useful. But there are benefits to helping us do our jobs, and benefits to us as human beings who (whisper it) may not think about HR 24/7. Maybe what has been referred to in other answers is more of the latter?
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

7 Oct, 2021 17:39

In reply to Annabel:

Hi Annabel, in terms of personal benefits that are available, the main one would be the new wellbeing hub and we've also expanded the personal employment law helpline provision to cover legal advice on more topics including Family, Property Landlord and Tenant, Wills and Probate and more. Calls are also no longer capped. Worth having a look at those if you haven't already as they were introduced recently.  

• In reply to Johanna:

Perk box isn’t any great loss to me personally, but many membership organisations do seem to be able to offer personally-useful member benefits that CIPD don’t seem to wish to provide - eg my Prospect trade union membership gave access to drawing up personal wills for self and wife totally free of charge and has provided very substantial discounts on eg car insurance policies and provides totally free personal injury legal claims support etc.

A good example of what other professional member organisations provide is perhaps

www.icaew.com/.../offers-discounts-and-services

• In reply to Johanna:

Always a shame when something gets taken away just after renewals not before.....
  • In reply to Keith:

Agree! On the point about this community, some of the members here only ever give advice to others, so whilst that's a massive benefit to many of us, to them, they are providing a benefit, not actually receiving one...?
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Oct, 2021 10:14

In reply to Keith:

Hi Keith,

I know CIPD stopped promoting Perkbox as a member benefit to new members at the start of the summer. I also know the team have been working very closely with Perkbox to ensure the information that goes out to members is as comprehensive as possible, as soon as it was available. Wnew there would be service type questions which members would need answers to quickly!
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Still would have been better / more open to announce before renewals in my opinion Steve rather than a couple of months after. It's not how I operate and it's not how I expect my institute to operate.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Oct, 2021 10:51

In reply to Keith:

Noted, Keith.