Ireland Labour laws

Dear Members I m fairly new to Ireland and would appreciate if someone can help me with applicable labour laws as I sort out my residency paperwork. I would further appreciate even connecting with fellow colleagues who are in Ireland to share notes and appreciate one another. My email address is tmachuwe1979@gmail.com and my WhatsApp and call number is 0892670289
  • Hi Taurai

Is this in relation to your own circumstance as you apply for residency or a general employment concern?

For starters, here is a good link for general employment rights in Ireland:
    www.citizensinformation.ie/.../employment_law_update.html

Thanks
    Fionnuala.
  • I would like venture into Human Resources practice once my papers are in order. So the need to understand applicable labour laws becomes paramount. in other words I need to read and familiarise with such before I start looking for employment. meanwhile I m awaiting results for my Chartered Member assessment due by end of November
  • In reply to Taurai Admire:

Hi Taurai

The the above link will help you get familiar with employment laws in Rep of Ireland.
    Best wishes for your Chartered Member results!

F.
  • Fionnuala thank you but I can't locate law with regard to civil service, I need that because I have interviews with three institutions there. Please help
  • In reply to Taurai Admire:

Hi Taurai

Employment law in the Civil Service is broadly the same for civilian workers as private / other public service workers.
    There are exceptions for serving and active members of the Defence Forces in relation to certain policies, for example Working Time Act etc.

I don't have working experience in HR within a civil service environment but this link may help you with your research, it outlines the people strategy for civil service. It is dated 2018 but it may still help you.
    www.gov.ie/.../

Thanks
    Fionnuala.