Employee questioning my decisions publicly...

Hi me again :) I have had an employee questioning my decisions in an official work group (I am in) something along the lines of..... "why has she made these decisions, we don't need managers" I'm on holiday currently and want to discuss this on my return how would you aproach this? Is this cause for a informal conversation?

• Someone disagreeing with you is always a good reason for an informal conversation so you can both understand the others point of view and get to best decision.

Certainly, on face of it no grounds for anything more as long as objections were polite and professional.
  • I suppose wether it was polite or not is a matter of opinion. But yes I agree, perhaps understanding his point of view face to face is a good place to start. I know as a manager these things happen I've been in management for 15 years. Thanks Keith
  • In reply to Vicky:

Perhaps Vicky there would be some benefit to describing the type of behaviour which would be more acceptable so the individual is clearer on your expectations. You could take some of what they have said as a couple of examples, e.g. instead of 'why has she made these decisions' it would be preferable to hear 'I don't completely understand, it would be helpful to know how these decisions were made'. Sometimes people make statements which appear to be on the offensive but might be totally unaware of the impact, a slight alteration in the choice of words can make a huge difference, naturally you want to preserve the working relationship.