People-First from MHR

Dear all

Further to numerous threads about HRIS for SMEs, has anyone had any experience of People-First from MHR please?  This is the SME product offering from MHR (formerly Midland HR) and one of the features which sets it apart from competitors such as BreatheHR, PeopleHR etc is 'seamless integration' with its I-Trent Payroll Service, avoiding the element of exporting data from the HR system to upload into separate payroll software or export to a payroll bureau.  This avoids duplicated information across HRMS and payroll systems and appears to be a great solution.

My concern is that I've not come across any reviews on independent websites for this product, nor any reference to it on the Community Discussion Forums and I'm wary of being a guinea pig!  It was only launched in 2017 so hasn't been on the market as long as competitors such as PeopleHR which I'm very impressed with, I would therefore be interested to learn if any fellow members have had experience of People-First.  I will be asking to speak to current clients as part of my review process but any comments/feedback would be much appreciated.

With thanks in advance

Claire

• Hi Claire, I cannot see any responses to your post and would be interested to know whether you went with 'People First' and if so what has your experience of the product? I would be interested in knowing what your thoughts are on the system. Many thanks Lyndsey
  • In reply to Lyndsey:

Hi Lyndsey
    No we didn't. We had a meeting with 3 senior reps from People First who promised a fantastic system with fully integrated HR and Payroll functions, one point of data entry etc. However, despite repeated requests for referees from existing users who we could speak to none were forthcoming, and one by one the 3 reps all disappeared to work for competitors! It appeared to be an aspirational rather than real product offering at that time so we abandoned our talks with them and went for PeopleHR instead. In fairness we were talking to People First over 2 years ago, they may have got their act together better by now.

Hope this helps!