Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave and Pay

Hi All,

Please can anyone advise what their organisations offer in relation to enhanced maternity and paternity leave and pay. At the moment we offer statutory maternity / paternity leave and pay however on a recent exit interview it was brought to our attention that the prospective employer was offering enhanced paternity pay and leave.

I feel this needs to be addressed as I question could we have retained this employee if we have had such an enhancement in place and also would this attract future talent.

Your information would be greatly appreciated. 

Kindest Regards

Marie 

• Hi Marie, it might be useful to know what sector you work in, as I imagine the standard is different in each industry. I work in tech and we offer 90% pay for 6 weeks and 80% pay for 20 weeks, then stat, then unpaid for maternity, SPL and adoption. Paternity leave is 2 weeks fully paid.
  • In reply to Gemma:

Hi Gemma,
    Apologies for the delay in responding, I had been pulled onto other projects. We work in investing and developing industrial sheds and have different departments within the organisation.
    Thank you for providing an insight into what you offer your employees, it is something I feel we need to improve on especially when it comes to attracting future talent.
  • We do 6 months at full pay for maternity (the reverts to statutory stuff) and four weeks full pay for paternity
  • In reply to Rosie :

Hi Rosie,
    Thank you for your information, I will add it to my list.
  • Hi we offer 2 weeks full pay paternity leave and 13 weeks full pay maternity leave then it reverts to statutory. We are in food manufacturing