Studying the CIPD qualification (UK) with no HR experience

I'm considering studying for the Level 3 foundation certificate. I have been applying for HR Administrator positions for the last 5 months with no responses. I just got rejected for an internship because I didn't have enough experience, which I find a bit mystifying as that's what interning is for... Will studying while staying in my current job (supervisor) help open doors for me?

• Well it wont close them. But don't expect it to be a magic ticket that glides you onwards and upwards.

You will still face the experience question so try and find ways to get at least some HR actual experience along the way.

Good luck
  • I studied the level 3 about 18 months ago while working two non-HR related jobs, and I've been in a HR Administrator position for around 6 months now.

I also did it to help open doors - previously I had no qualifications and no experience, so I figured getting one of them was better than nothing!

Some aspects of the course were difficult to do without being IN a HR role, as some of the assignments require you to analyse HR data, for example. Some course mates did absence figures, some did turnover rates, etc. I had to sort of fudge it with sales data from my retail management job, so it's not always easy but certainly possible.
    https://9apps.ooo/