Outsourcing / Consultancy

Hi all,

I need some advice we are currently in a Management agreement with another care home provider which will end this financial year as we have now achieved the competency we require as a Home.

We are looking to outsource some of the HR function to provide:-

• Consultancy advice as required
  • Policy writing
  • Learning & Development function

Please do you know of any recommended external providers.

Thanks

• I don't know what you really want. Management officials are the ones making policies
  • In reply to Kayley:

Hi Feyi

The first two items on your list ought to be well within the capability of most competent firms of employment lawyers and HR consultants: there’s no shortage of these around, but there’s probably no substitute for trawling around wherever you are located looking for possible suppliers and recommendations. Then you can shortlist a handful and thoroughly check them out, ideally by approaching a few of their existing clients picked by you at random from a much bigger list that the potential supplier should be willing to provide. For example, in my own region such services tend to be concentrated in Carlisle, where although I’m sure there are many others I would be very confident with employment lawyer firms Burnetts or Baines Wilson.

Your own sector trade associations and local Chamber of Commerce or similar might also provide similar services to members.

The L&D needs though usually need to be considerably more bespoke and as has been said should first be analysed and specified in detail by the managers who operate your business. For a price, you can hire L&D consultants to come in and ask them to do this and they will write it down for you, but Usually why needlessly pay an intermediary to do this ?
  • In reply to Kayley:

I recommend checking www.offshorebusinessprocessing.com/workflow-and-pave they have consultancy services. Business consultants is not just providing management consulting but also to help you improve your performance and efficiency. Businesses need to successfully navigate through increased complexity and volatility and drive operational efficiency.

I hope this helps you with the preparation of policies and procedures before your business applies for standard certification.