Level 5 - Developing professional Practice

Hi

I am new to the world of HR and have only recently started to work within a HR role, I am currently working towards the CIPD Level 5 and feel abit lost to be honest on how to start the assessment. I am not looking for answers but would be grateful if anyone could prompt me in the direction.

I think once started, I will run along fine, but just asking for advice on where to start really. 

Thanks in advance :) 

• Hi Mandeep, I am also studying level 5 and have submitted part of this module. Which part of the assessment are you referring to? On my course there is an assignment, CPD and reflection log.
  • In reply to Gemma:

Hi Gemma, thank you for the response. I am working on the first assignment where it talks about the profession map and linking key competencies to my 'dream role'. I have started writing but not sure how in detail I need to write about for certain areas, for example to profession map/groups/behaviors, etc. If you have any advise on how to reference too, this would be useful. Thanks
  • I think your brief may be slightly different to mine. However, I broke it down in to 6 key competencies (that were mentioned in the brief) and compared these with the professions map, my performance and provided examples of how they're implemented in the workplace. This was supported with relevant theory. By taking one section at a time, it helped to focus. I hope that helps.
  • You can use "citethisforme.com" you will need Harvard referencing. Good luck