Did you know our Community is now 20 years old?!

Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

23 Jan, 2024 17:36

The CIPD community predates Mark Zuckerberg launching a product then called 'The Facebook' by a month.

I was involved at the very start - along with  - and took over the Community Manager role in October 2004. It has been quite a ride, and a joy to be associated with such an enduring and special community for so long.

To mark this milestone (the Community, not mine)... the CIPD published this blog post yesterday...

Two decades of activity demonstrates the value of the CIPD Community to members 

Keep visiting; keep reading; keep contributing... and thank you for making our Community what it is.

• Hi Steve

What a milestone - 20 years!
    Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. Its a fantastic resource for those new to HR, as well as those who have more experience. With what can seem like continuous changes and updates to employment law (anyone remember Fridays at 4pm during Covid and new government announcements changing the way we had to do things?), this forum always has someone with suggestions and great advice to give.
    From a grateful, menopausal HR/IR Manager....I salute you all and here's to the next 20 years :)
  • Wow, happy birthday to us all. I think we should be very proud of what has been created. We owe such a debt to Steve and Johanna for everything they've done to support this community. Thank you!
  • Wow, that is impressive! Thanks to the Community Champions and everyone really for making this a safe, respectful, thoughtful, and sometimes irreverent space.
  • Thanks Steve and Johanna for creating a safe space for people to come.
    Looking forward to the coming of age party next year :-)
  • In reply to Lisa:

Hear Hear!  Relaxed

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

24 Jan, 2024 15:09

Gutted I was poorly and off work on the big day #CommunityManagerAppreciationDay so popping on now with the official banner we'd prepared for the occasion! Thanks to everyone who contributes to this amazing Community - we appreciate your participation, reads. likes, comments, questions and the time you give to support others and seek help yourself. Here's to the next chapter Tada

• This is fantastic! Since becoming a member this has been a really invaluable source of support at times and it's all thanks to the work of those who have been members across the years :)
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

24 Jan, 2024 16:25

In reply to Rhianna:

Yes, members really have been passing on the baton through the decades here! Glad you're finding the Community so useful Rhianna Raised hands
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

24 Jan, 2024 16:29

In reply to Gemma:

Huge thanks to our Community Champions for sure! They get a special mention in the blog!
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

26 Jan, 2024 16:22

I've just posted on the CIPD linkedin page about this brilliant Community milestone to share the love a bit further Raised handsPurple heartBirthday - we might get more people coming over here as a result to join in on the discussions. Please like, share and comment if you are a linkedin regular! www.linkedin.com/.../urn:li:activity:7156672408974757889