Seeking Guidance on International Talent Recruitment

Hello, I'm Nathalie, excited to delve into a topic that's been on my mind lately. So, picture this: your company's all about embracing diversity, right? And you're on a mission to recruit talent from all corners of the globe for remote positions. Now, you've got your eye on the vibrant talent pool in Africa, but here's the kicker: Do you need to jump through legal hoops and establish a legal entity in each country you hire from? Let's unravel this legal conundrum together!

• Hello Nathalie,

Welcome to the community! It's great to hear your company wants to make its team more diverse. Working with people from different backgrounds, countries, and cultures can make your organisation even better. Good job taking this step! Clap

To answer your question: No, you don't have to set up a local office in the talent's country to hire them legally. But make sure you follow their local labour laws. Setting up a subsidiary can be expensive and take a lot of time, but there's another option.

You can use an employer or record service provider. They make it easier to follow foreign laws and take care of compliance for you.

If you're hiring in Africa, I suggest finding an EOR company with a good reputation for following the rules. We've been happy with Breedj (www.breedj.com) for almost two years now. They've made everything smooth for us.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help.
  • To hire remote workers from Africa, you generally don’t need to establish a legal entity in each country. Instead, you can partner with an employer of record who handles local legal compliance, or hire workers as independent contractors. Always ensure to check specific local laws as they can vary by country.
  • Hi Nathalie, welcome to the communities. Would it be possible to give a little more information around your query please?

Many thanks

Teresa
  • In reply to Teresa:

Hi Nathalie

It can be far simpler to hire the services of these faraway-country remote workers as contractors, who invoice you as self-employed or to hire an agent in whatever country who similarly invoices as a contractor and employs the remote staff themselves, Anything else is usually a legal can of worms and prohibitively expensive but as Teresa says, further and better particulars needed